The beautiful world around us is called Nature. Nature include plants, animals, landscape and other feature which are not developed by humans. It also include weather, atmosphere, our ecosystem, flora, fauna etc.
Nature beautify our surrounding. This is the precious gift of god to our earth. Without nature our earth is totally dull and meaningless. There is no life on the earth. Our nature is also called “mother nature” because like other mothers, nature no wish us and complete our all the necessities. If there is no nature means there is no atmosphere on the earth then there would be no life on earth. The food we eat, clothes we wear, house where we live these are things have been provided by nature.
Components Of Nature:-
Nature include soil, atmosphere, radiation from the sun, water and living organisms.
A material composed of minerals, organic matter, living organisms, gases and water that support life. Various phenomenon occur in nature. Soil formation is one in them. Soil is formed by the process of weathering of rocks and minerals. Soil is the natural habitat for plants and animals. Upper layer of soil is called Humus. Humus is the top layer of soil. Humus contain the dead decaying organic matter and this layer is most productive layer of soil and this helps in the growth of the plant. Soil provide and transport water and nutrient minerals to the upper part of the plant that help in the generation and growth of the plant. This makes our environment Healthy and clean. Nature is more beautiful soil help in the production of many plants that provides us food and nourish human beings. Soil is the natural habitat for various microorganisms. Some of these microorganisms help in nitrogen fixation in legume plants and decompose dead decaying organic matter.
Importance of Soil:-
- Help in the growth of plant.
- Natural habitat for plants and microorganism.
- Help in nitrogen fixation.
- Biological habitat for microorganisms.
- Microorganism help in the decomposition of organic matter.
- Transport water, nutrient and mineral to upper part of the plant.
- Other types of soil used in construction.
Atmosphere is the layer of gases that surround our planet. Earth atmosphere is the mixture of gases include water vapours and dust particles.
=>Various Gases in the atmosphere are:- Nitrogen-78%. Oxygen-21%. Argon-0.9%. All other gases-0`1%.
- Gaseous form of water present in atmosphere is called water vapours.
- Dust particles help in condensation of water vapours.
- The main atmosphere is Temperature, Pressure, Wind, Humidity, Cloud, Precipitation.
=>Importance of various Layers & Atmosphere in our Nature.
- Troposphere :- This layer is the lowest And important layer of the atmosphere because all the climatic changes occur in this layer and due to the atmosphere because all the climatic changes in this layer and due to those climatic changes existence of life occur on the surface.
- Stratosphere :- This layer extends up to 50km from the earth surface. Air flows in this layer. This is ideal for flying of aircrafts.
- Mesosphere :- This layer extends up to 80km from earth surface. Meteors and shooting star exist in this layer.
- Ionosphere :- This layer spread up to 4oo km from the surface of earth. Radio forecasting is possible due to presence of this layer because radio waves are reflected back on the earth from this sphere.
- Exosphere :- This is the last layer of atmosphere and the density of air is least in exosphere.
- Atmosphere protect us from various harmful UV rays. If these rays reaches on the earth surface. It affects the life of human being very badly. These harmful rays cause harmful disease and also affect the life of plants and animals. Due to these UV rays, existence of life is not possible on earth.
- Atmosphere contain the air in which we breathe.
- Help in maintaining Earth’s temperature. If Earth’s temperature rises then human can’t survive and also vegetation is not possible on earth.
3.Radiation from the sun.
Radiation from the sun is also called sunlight. Sunlight has there major components.
- Visible light – Wavelength between 0.4-0.8 micrometer.
- UV light – Wavelength shorter than 0.4 micrometer.
- Infrared rays – Wavelength longer than 0.8 mocrometer.
Sun is beautiful creation of nature. It is the source of energy for most of the organisms large amount of solar radiation are absorbed by atmosphere.
Sunlight takes about 8.3 minutes to reach the earth surface.
Importance of Sunlight :-
- Source of energy – Sunlight is source of energy for plant, animals and microbes green plant use sunlight in the process of photosynthesis and make food which is consumed by humans and animals. Photosynthesis provides us O2 for respiration.
- Flowering and growth – Sunlight duration affect the time of flowering in plants or fruit crops and growth in trees. If duration is less this affect the bud generation and we cannot get fruit at appropriate time.
- Pigment – Light is necessary for synthesis of plant pigment. Strong light dry up the leaves and moderate gives dark colors.
- Light also affect the movement of animals. Example- Owl, bats, cockroaches, hide during day and active at night. Many animals attracted to light.
- Light affect the distribution of animals by affecting the flora.
- Growth – Sunlight have important role in photosynthesis, developing chlorophyll synthesis of growth harmones, opening and closing of stomata. If there is no sunlight then there is no growth.
Water is composed of 2 hydrogen and 1 oxygen molecule. chemical formula of water is H2O.
Water is transparent or Adour less substance of our earth. It is present in all 3 state – Solid, Liquid, Gaseous state.
- 71% of earth surface covered by water.
- water is important for all the living organisms present on earth. Water is very important for human being. Water keeps our body hydrated and maintain or regulate our temperature and also help in maintaining our body functions.
- 97% water on earth is salty water and 3% is fresh water.
Natural sources of water are:-
- Ocean is the larger body of water. It has only all salty water.
- pacific ocean is the world’s largest and deepest ocean.
- Lake is largest body of slowly moving and standing water. Large area of fresh water surrounded by land is called Lake.
- Baikal is world’s largest fresh water lake.
- Pond is usually smaller than lake. Pond is an area filled with water. Either natural or artificial. Pond have standing water.
- Great Pond is the largest pond in world.
- Natural flowing freshwater is called River.
- Nile is the longest river in the world.
Instead of providing water these Ocean, river and other water bodies beautify our nature.
Importance of Water:-
- Beautify our nature.
- Useful in growth of plants.
- Useful for human being in regulating temperature and maintaining our normal body function.
- Useful in the survival for plants and animals. If there is no water then there is no life on the earth.
- Water helps in photosynthesis.
- Role in digestion of food and circulation of oxygen in body.
=>Water Pollution :-
- When there is addition of foreign substance to water which change the physical property of water and become hazardous or unfit particles which pollute water is called pollutants.
- Physical pollutants – Heat and Oil spills. Chemical pollutants – Pesticides (DDT, BHC), Radioactive waste etc. Biological pollutants – Viruses, Bacteria, Protozoa, Helminth, Algae etc.
- Humans causes water pollution they add organic waste, soap and detergent to rivers & lakes.
Effect of water pollutants:-
- Pollutants make water unfit for domestic and industrial use.
- Pollutant make water harmful for living organisms.
Control of water pollution.
- Separate ponds and tanks for animals.
- Before release from factories hot water should be cooled.
- Solid water recycled.
- Water hyacinth purify water.
Living organisms include plant, animals and microorganism.
- A plant is living thing that grow in the earth. Plant has root, stem, leaves. Plants absorb nutrient and water through roots.
- Plant need air, water, soil and sunlight for survival.
- Plant make their own food with the process of photosynthesis.
- Plants absorb CO2 and release O2 which is taken by humans oxygen is necessary for survival.
- Plant produce food in the for of fruit and we consume that.
- Many flowering plants beautify our surrounding. Example – Topiary, Gardening, Flowers.
- Plant Wood are used for many purposes like in House Making, in combustion etc.
- Some plant clean our water. Example – Lilly.
- Some plants purify or clean our air. Example – Peace Lily, Spider Plant etc.
- Plants are used for decorative purpose in house and flowers used in weeding.
- Various plants are used in aesthetic purpose. Example – Peepal (Ficus Religiosa)
- Various plants are used in medicinal purpose. Example – Tulsi, Garlic, Ginger etc. Although every plant have some medicinal properties.
- They provide shade.
- Through some plant parts we complete our body need for vitamins, minerals etc.
- Plants are the ultimate source of food and energy for animals.
By planting more number of trees we can control soil erosion and floods. They provide shelter for many animals and birds. We save our trees and plants more no. of trees so that we can also save our life.
“Save Trees, Save Life”
2.Animals and Microorganisms.
An animal is living creature such as Lion, Rabbit, Tiger or Elephant etc.
Kingdom – Animalia.
Animals are domestic and wild. Domestic animals are those animals that are kept by humans for their benefits. Example-Cow, Dog, Buffalo etc. Wild animals are those animals who lives in forests or they find their food, shelter on their own without the help of humans in their natural habitat. Example- Lion, Tiger, Wolf etc.
Microorganism- Any organism that can be seen under microscope. Microorganisms include Bacteria, Protozoa, Algae and Fungi.
- Animals help in maintain the earth’s natural environment by predating on plants and other animals.
- Maintain food chain in the environment.
- We get fiber, wool through some animals.
- Through the waste material of animals, we get FYM which is effective for the growth of plants.
- Microorganism decompose the dead decaying organic matter.
Many of animals get hunted by human beings foe their fun. This should be stopped by government. Government take strict action on this. Through this extinction of some animals occur but government take action and extinct animals are saved by making Sanctuaries, Sacred grooves etc.
Importance of nature:-
- Many things that is present in nature like plants, mountain, rivers, grassland beautify our nature.
- Nature provide us food, shelter, oxygen (for respiration) and various other things.
- Various medicines are provided by nature.
- Natural components protect our life from many diseases.
- By seeing nature, we feel happy, calm mind and we get peace.
- Everything which is the part of our nature and present in our nature have its own importance and value towards human being/ life of human being. So we should conserve our nature.
Moses Henry Cass Quote=>
“We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; We borrow it from our children”